Index of RecNaL.Blogspot.Com
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
setup new cybercafe for 11 pc's, 1 printer, 1 scanner
What you need?
- PC's with complete set
- 1 unit printer
- 1 unit scanner
- Hub with 16 port's
- Network cable + RJ45
What you should do?
- apply for telephone line
Setup 1 pc with operating system. Install all you need like antivirus, firefox anythings you like and after that configure it. Example set account as limited account prevent from user change any settings. After finish, copy to all computer using ghost. How? refer here related link
Manage you computer place with table. This is because you need to know distance each PC's to make network cable.
Make network cable with RJ45. If you don't know how to do it, please refer here related link
If not you need to buy ready made network cable but the problem is distance all Pc's need change coz network cable in 5meter, 10 meter. It's not in 3meter or 7 meter hehehe unless you ask shop to do it for you and you just pay to shop
1 pc set as main. Owner only can used not for customer. So install printer on that PC and set sharing (printer). Install scanner too. After that create network - workgroup. Please refer here related link
Configure you modem/router and test with main PC first. Make it till it's can connect with internet. After that plug you modem with hub and your main pc with hub using network cable. It's should be can connect with internet after plug in. Please refer here related link
Connect all PC's with network cable to the hub. Make sure you use same workgroup name as step4.
Try with all PC's and should be all Pc's no problem to connect the internet. After that Install all PC's with printer using network
That's it. Now you done
Thursday, November 27, 2008
95 --- 16 MB
98 --- 32 MB
ME -- 64 MB
2k --- 128 MB
XP --- 256 MB
Vista - 512 MB
95 --- 32 MB
98 --- 64 MB
ME -- 128 MB
2k --- 256 MB
XP --- 512 MB
Vista - 1 GB
What happen if you use less then minimum required RAM ?? Your computer will run slow in loading.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
A ) Upgrade CD-ROM Drive
- In desktop normally casing have 4 tray for cd-rom drive. If your HDD using SATA, You have no problem to use 4 CD-ROM drive. Just set which one CD-ROM number 1, 2, 3 & 4. CD-ROM number 1 & 3 set the jumper as master and CD-ROM drive number 2 & 4 set the jumper as slave.
B ) Upgrade HDD
- We will upgrade HDD if your capacity is not enough. However the old HDD still can use. You need to know what type and RPM speed your old HDD. Example, your old HDD IDE type and 7200 RPM. Please buy the new one with same type & RPM speed. Now days many HDD have 7200RPM and using SATA type. If your old HDD 5400RPM and you buy new HDD 7200 RPM, your computer will follow the lowest speed. One more thing, if you plan connect your new hdd with the same IDE cable with old HDD, you need set jumper. Old HDD (operating system inside) as a master & new HDD as a slave. It will different way to set jumper depend on how you want connect your HDD (related link). To set jumper, please refer top op hdd diagram.
C ) Upgrade RAM
- Before upgrade, there have several things you need to know. First, what type & frequency of memory you used now. Second, how many RAM slot you have & lastly how many megabyte max you can put. For example, now you using 1gb DDR2 PC5300 RAM. So buy same exactly the old one. Some of motherboard support more than 1 frequency example PC5300 & PC6400. Yes you can buy PC6400 too but your computer will follow the lowest RAM. Your lowest RAM is PC5300.
D ) Upgrade Processor
- Let say you using Intel and motherboard soket 775 & CPU Dual Core. You can change your processor with same soket 775 example from Dual Core change to Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad. What important is, you motherboard support the type of the processor. Everythings in manual book. So before you buy motherboard or change/upgrade processor, please read the manual book of motherboard.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Before we start, make sure you have this several hardware.
- modem / rounter
- RJ45 cable
- HUB / Switch
After that, follow this step by step.
1. Setup your modem/router to auto dial. For more detail click here
2. Connect RJ45 cable to PC or laptop and others side connect with hub / switch
hub / switch
Right click & select Properties
Select TCP/IP & click Properties
Fill in the blank as picture show
192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 or 192.168.1.20 but don't use Gateway IP number 192.168.1.1 or same ip. If you try to connect 3 PC's, put the different IP example:
PC no.1 = 192.168.1.2
PC no.2 = 192.168.1.3
PC no.3 = 192.168.1.20
- Setup Peer to peer
- Access Point
- Tweak Wireless Signal
- Increase Internet Speed
- DIY RJ45
Saturday, November 22, 2008
It's a computer hardware use for wireless connection. Normally used it for create wireless signal. Example, if you have broadband modem (not for wireless) but you want use it as a wireless connection, 2 have 2 options:
A - Buy new wireless modem
B - Buy new access point
Access point is a hardware which allow wireless communication device connect each others in wireless network (Wi-Fi) or bluetooth or others related hardware or device. I'm not gonna tell you how to set it up but I will give you a screen pictures how to setup.
However, Cody Brocious the Alky Project leader has released a full preview of DirectX 10 Alky preview compatibility libraries for Microsoft DirectX 10 enabled games. These compatibility libraries allow the use of DirectX 10 games on platforms other than Windows Vista , and increase hardware compatibility even on Vista, by compiling Geometry Shaders down to native machine code for execution where hardware isn’t capable of running it. No reason for gamer to change or upgrade the OS and video card(s) to play the latest games.
Here are some pictures sample to difference’s from DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 on images quality.
DX 9 scenery from Flight Simulator X
And a rendering of the same scenery with DirectX 10
If you’re serious computer gamer, i highly recommended you give a try download on Direct10X for windows XP and install it. Then you feel the differences especially on the images rendering and images processing. However, Do it carefully !!!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. turn on switch on wall or plug
2. turn on switch on pc
then pc will start right?
How about you need start 10 pc's or 20 pc's or more everyday ? It's will make you feel lazy coz need to look down to reach computer switch (if you put your desktop down of a table). This is the quick way to on your pc's with only 1 switch.
1. Go to BIOS setup
2. Select "Power Management Setup" - see pic below
3. After that select "Restore on AC Power Loss" - see pic below
4. Don't forget to save it before you quit
5. Shut down your pc
Now you can test, follow this step
1. Turn on switch on the wall
2. You done
After you switch on, your computer will on automatically without your press on button.
After you shutdown your pc, please turn off switch on the wall, if not CPU fan still running. I tried with IDM on auto shutdown after finish download, everything is ok and my fan stop operating.
p/s: depend on your motherboard
Thursday, November 6, 2008
This is tutorial how to tune up back our PC in WinXP. This is basic skill and no need too much application to used. First of all, run your PC in safe mode then follow this step;
1. Clear internet file, temp file, cookies and so on.
2. Restart PC and uninstall any programs that you not used.
3. Start > Run > msconfig - check in start up list which can disable then disable it
4. Scan you PC using Regcure. It's will clean up your registry. (RegCure Portable - Download Now)
5. Restart your PC and scan using Regcure again.
6. Goto my computer and right click at your partition & select properties. Click on Tools then click on "check now" button. You will see 2 check box, check the both box.
NOTE: In C:\ system will scan your partition after restart
7. Repeat step no.6 to all partitions.
8. Turn off your screen saver and run "Disk Defragmenter"
Now you have your speed like before. Enjoy ~!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Speed connection depends on many factors such as:
- Different speed of download using torrent in platform windows and platform linux is very big. I got this information from my best friends and he had try using two different type of operating system. The result is:
Windows platform: download speed not very good
Linux platform: download speed better than windows
But I'm not sure how big the different is but I will check with him later.
UPDATE: according to my friends, if using torrent & using windows platform average speed around 5kbps to 10kbps but if using linux platform average speed around 100kbps to 150kbps. It's look likes almost 100% more fasters speed download if using linux platform
- So many downloader applications nowdays but I prefer using IDM. I tried it by myself and
IDM claim that IDM application 5X more faster with any applications. Yeah thats true.....
- Need more speed? Don't use below than 1mb speed. If you using 512kb, so you know why your internet line slow and you know your mistake.
- Some of Internet Service Provider is very slow even you used 1mb or 2mb internet connection. So please survey before you subscribe with any ISP's.
5. Server source
- Some server source set a limited speed to a free user and more faster to paid user. So if you want faster than before, pay the price and enjoy with the speed. But depend on server, some server very high speed download for free user. So don't asume all servers are same spec and same setting.
6. Download time
- You need more speed download connection? Download anythings you want at night till morning. Internet traffic is really good that time. You need to know what peak time of internet connection. Normally start from 8AM until 6PM internet traffic very poor. So don't download that time.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Now days, many peoples using openoffice because it alternative application from ms-office. Why? you need spend a lot of money if you want to buy ms-office but different situation with openoffice, it's free. Many advantage if you used openoffice example:
- it's free
- compatible with almost all systems platform
- can create pdf file using writer (knows as word in ms-office)
- can open word, excel & power point file
- can install in any languages even in malay
But problem start from ms-office launched new application MS-OFFICE 2007. This problem just because of file type. In ms-office 2003, file word using *.doc extention but in ms-office 2007 word using *.docx
So the problem is, openoffice can't open the *.docx file, even excel & power point file (ms-office 2007) . In ms-office 2003, the problem is openoffice can open any files but sometimes all setting is mess up.
So how to solve this 2 problems? It's simple, download and install word viewer, excel viewer & power point viewer on your computer. This application can view those file but can't edit or add anythings. Most important is, you can still view the files and can printout.
The second problem is, we can't view the ms-office 2007 files. It's simple, just install "file format converter" and after that you can view all ms-office files. Still same, can't edit or add but can still view & printout.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
If you are a hardcore gamer, you really need to update your graphic card to make sure a new game can play on your system. Example my graphic card is ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 8X. I need to update my graphic card from internet to make sure my system can run a new game. You can check the change log or release note from the website. Sometimes we need to update graphic card driver because of several problems such as display conflict with system, driver stuck, screen blank couples of time suddenly and need to restart.
Example, when we using pc and suddenly it's blank on your screen. We restart pc and check on log file in control panel.
If your pc have no problem, you can choose want to update or not. Even you buy a new one, you still need update from internet. My other pc's using PCI-E card GeForce 8500 Super GT and I updated the driver just because to make sure I have best result when play a pc game. The result after was better than before.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Category: Fake Alert
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Login as admin on your website. Normally if your url http://www.contoh.net just put /cpanel behind the url. Example: http://www.contoh.net/cpanel
Put your username & password to login as admin or owner of hosting. When we buy a hosting, provider will give you a username & password. If forgot, please refer your server provider for help.
You are now in admin mode (cpanel). Click on "MySQL Database" icon.
2. Create user: Put your username & password, click on "create user" button.
3. Add user to database: Select user you created new before & new database you just created. Click on "add user to database" button.
After finish, your new database & username will show as picture above.
Goto PhpMyAdmin and you will see your new database ready to use.
request by trojan
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
1. Cable network
2. Crimping tool
4. Network tester
Make sure how long you need for the cable. Example if the distance is 10 meters, cut the network cable to 11 meters. We need more because if you make mistake we can do it again with same cable.
Cut & remove cover of network cable. Remove it around 2cm
As picture show, some is short and some is not
Cut the edge of cable and make it same.
This is the result
Manage the all color cable same as note above. Don't make mistake in this stage
Put in RJ45 soket after you make sure it's manage as diagram above
1 small slot for 1 small cable only, so please careful on this step
Put it into crimping tool and crimp it harder.
See picture above
After finish both side, put it in tester
The other side also put it in tester
Switch on the tester.
If the green lights on from number 1 to 7, thats mean successful.
If the lights on looping number or others number light is not come out,
thats mean you make mistake
If lights not on from 1 to 7, identify which side have problem and then cut it off
and repeat step2 until it's working properly