Followers

Index of RecNaL.Blogspot.Com

http://www.recnal-index.blogspot.com

Extreme Overclock

Extreme Overclock :

What happens when a CPU heatsink is removed

What happens when a CPU heatsink is removed :

Fast Link

Thursday, March 3, 2011

How To: Fix & Remove Shortcut Virus

The situation simple like this; when you plug in your pendrive, all your files & folder gone. Nothing more just shortcut you can see. It's simple how to fix this problem.

1. Show hidden files
please refer this link

2. Plug in your pendrive or external HDD or what ever device effected by the virus.

3. Scan the device with any Antivirus updated & remove the virus

4. Goto My computer, right click the device. Example my pendrive locate in drive E:\
so right click the drive E:\ and select explorer

5. Delete manually the virus if virus still in there. This step need little experiences to know which one.

6. Open command prompt (CMD), or hold windows key and letter 'R'. type 'cmd' and enter.

7. Type this command --> CD \

8. Change directory with this command (example my pendrive is driver E:\) --> E:

9. Delete all shortcut with this command --> DEL *.lnk

10. Change attributes for all files & folders --> ATTRIB -A -S -R -H /S /D

Now your done..... simple aight? >>:)


p/s: make sure before step No.10, you're in correct drive. If you try to fix drive E:\ , you in drive E:\. If you in drive C:\ you will know what happen, big mistake. my advice just follow step by step my tutorial

18 comments:

Unknown said...

remove virus shortcut virus

I NOT UDERSTAND THE COMMAND
"DEL *LNK" IT IS RIGHT?

LaNceR said...

yes.. but u forgot dot between star and lnk. it's should be DEL *.LNK

command DEL *.LNK means we command to delete all lnk stand for link file which was created by virus before.

virus will hide all our original files and replace with fake file. the fake file if u see really carefully it's shortcut files (link files - lnk).

normally the virus effected pendrive or external hdd.

Yong said...

tq for help me.
now i understand how to use it...
i will try to use it...

now i practical for my last semeste.
my practical place have lot virus..

and i think this give me benefits.

LaNceR said...

no problem bro

Anonymous said...

Hi bud
I've done everything step 4 step bt as soon as I typ the
Del*.lnk
It cums up with del*.lnk is not recognised as an internal or external comman
Please help
My email adress IQ.molefe@gmail.com
This virus is very frustrating

Anonymous said...

why when i type this DEL *.lnk...it say access is denied??please help me to fix this short cut virus..thnks

Anonymous said...

i have tried to delete some file from infected file but there is cannot be deleted..... so i tried the another method so i found the same result... can u help me how to fix it??? i'm very confused....(",)?

Pavan Kosuru said...

Txs it works from me

Pavan Kosuru said...

txs it works for me

Amit Vedwal said...

Hi My Name Is Amit Vedwal I am Suffring From This Problem But After This command Resolve my Problem

Thanks You Very Much

g said...

thank you so much....i got back my many very important files....

Anonymous said...

Prob solve bro...thanx...something new to me del virus using cmd....

ChaZ said...

Thank you so much! I recovered all my important files thanks to you!

Anonymous said...

It worked.. Thanks a lot :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you.. it worked!!!

Bimakuru said...

thanks infonya bro, cukup membantu saya... :D

Anonymous said...

I dunno what to do with the last procedure...you said change the attributes...but I dunno how to change it, and what to change it into...

LaNceR said...

instruction no.10:

key in command as shown. that's the line & the command

AMD vs Intel

 
ss_blog_claim=33848eee9015378102742a58c7d46319